What is Marble?
Marble is a hard crystalline metamorphic rock that takes high polish; used for sculptures and building materials.
Even though marble and granite have a similar aesthetic, they can be better suited for specific purposes.
Marble lasts as long as granite does but it is typically used for bathrooms, floors, walls, vases, statues.
Because marble is sensitive to acidic foods it has a intendancy to stain and it is not ideal for kitchen counter tops.
Type of marble surfaces:
- Polished marble has a classy look, it's high gloss gives a refined appearance.
- Honed marble is smooth but does not have sheen, perfect if you are looking for a clean matte look.
- Tumbled marble has a rough surface and an earthy look, great for the rustic aesthetic.
- Brushed marble has inclusions but is not as rustic as tumbled marble.
- Marble flooring is easy to maintain.
- Marble has a very classy look.
- Marble has a very soft look compared to the granites.
- Marble is also durable not as much as granite.